• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

kicking technique

One of my effective kick in sparring is the hook kick. It chambers like a side kick so the opponent does not know whats coming at them. Another is the round house kick but I do not chamber it. Have you seen how Bruce Lee does it? I believe it was in one of his audition video for "The Green Hornet". He does not chamber the kick but just bring his leg up and kick. The power comes from the turning of his hip.

[ This Message was edited by: [CT]pizzaboy on 2001-08-29 17:09 ]

Canh T.

I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversations.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the back kick can be very effective..........you step away from them and your opponent thinks your getting ready to run ,but you fire it back at them in surprise. :nod:

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

• 2 weeks later...

I love drawing an oppenet in by backing away from an attack and giving the impression that im open for attack and at the last moment jumping back kick to the midsection :smile:

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

the AXE KICK is a simple technique that isn't used much in other martial arts, but can be quite devestating to your opponent. especially if they are shorter than you......because it goes above their head and then strikes downward with lots of power.......... :nod:

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

For me , my most efective sparring kick would be a fore leg frontkick or roundhouse followed by a spinning side kick. The fore leg usually makes your opponent side step. Then your spinning side kick can land as they step into it. Very powerful.

Brett

The Hand is quicker than the eye!