• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

kicking technique

whats your favorite kick and how have you developed it to be effective in combat (not just scoring in tournaments) and also what hsa been the most impressive kicking display witnessed?? i.e. flying triple kick...spilt kick with flying front kick (three kicks in the air)before landing..

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o.k. this is a taekwondo forum and nobdy has any feedback on kicking techniques? its like going to bible study and then reading newspaper clipings instead of the bible whats up people?

Javier l Rosario

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

well; taezee i guess it's you and me then............favorite kick for combat got to be front kick for the ease,power, and straight forwardness..but then again the short round house to the knee works well too in a pinch, quick and devestating for the reciever,,,,,..

yes; i have had the pleasure of witnessng a couple demos by the korean demo teams....i seen the triple front kicks breaks, backflip breaks and where they run a human ladder for a break about ten feet high ....can't say i've seen the split kick with a front kick yet..

how about yourself?

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

yeah rush its called a sissorkick wher you run and jump and do a flyingside kick with one leg and an outside twist kick with the other then before landing you execute a front kick before landing..i do this for demos..some of the korean tiger team members can do five or six kicks in the air before landing they are the "michael jordans" of taekwon do..much hang time.....

Javier l Rosario

yes, i've done the sissors kick..but haven't seen the added front kick yet..fantastic these new young guys comming up........oh well; i guess this old guy will just have to watch those quadruple kicks... can't dunk like i used to........ lol :nod:

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

Meeger group of tkd'rs here. Iamrushman forewarned me on this! :nod:

We'll be on the upswing I'm sure.

Our instructor brought a video in that just blew me away. It was a demonstration of a 360 deg. roundhouse/hook combo wherein 3 separate breaks were made while kick was in air! I couldn't believe my eyes :eek:

We had to actually slow down the tape to see the actual technique...so impressive.

Funny, afterwards our instructor says ok line up we will be doing 360 round/hook combinations for the remainder of the class! :eek:

Deby

:karate:

well its the quality not the quantity that counts....how about the 720 degree kick ...now youre spinning twice around in the air..its like a human tornado..this is one that i am still trying to perfect..theres a video feed of the north korean demo team at taekwon.net..these guys are worth checking out :nod:

Javier l Rosario