• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Traditional MA; No Longer Respected!?!

My art (Karate) is, in my view a traditional art, although I haven't studied a "traditional" style of it (all styles of Karate nowadays are hibreds of Shuri-te and Naha-te are they not?)

Do you mean to say that all Karate practiced currently is a hybrid of Shuri-te and Naha-te together, or that all Karate practiced currently is either a hybrid descendant of Shuri-te or a hybrid descendant of Naha-te? Two different interpretations of your statement...

:D

The latter interpretation.

I wholeheartedly concur to the latter interpretation. The style I practice is a hybrid descendant of Shuri-te and Okinawa-te. Traditions rich, but as of late, it seems to me that the fast-food culture that we find ourselves in has possibly tainted those traditions of yesteryear for what appeases them nowadays. I'm cool with that because change is a good thing. However, to say that training in the old ways produces ineffective results compared to modern day training ethos isn't an accurate statement.

However more, can't the two "traditional" training worlds of yesteryear and today be intertwined to produce effective results, thereby recognizing both training worlds as a good thing for a MAists betterment??

Imho.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic