• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Returning to karate- Personal dilema. Need advice.

n4tive

They may seem pushy, but I could be that you're viewing it in that light. MAists must push themselves each and everyday. An instructor of the MA is going to push you whenever it's necessary. It's those moments that will mean everything to you, and it's to YOU, that the MA journey is worth.

Don't quit, push through whatever it is that isn't allowing you to improve your MA betterment. It's suppose to be hard, real hard. Now, if this instructor isn't fit for you, then find another one, but find that one instructor that provides you what you're needing and wanting.

Yes, it's a MA maxim, and it's not meant to be a personal attack, and that maxim has already been mentioned here...Shut up and train!!

But if something is bothering you, then address it and move beyond that which is interfering with your MA training. The atmosphere must be conducive with training, and if it's not, then you must do whatever it is that helps you and your instructor.

It's a two way street, and in that, before one can look at their instructor as the possible cause of what's delaying ones MA betterment, they must look at themselves honestly first. Then and only then, can the MA take place within yourself.

Good luck, hang in there, and train hard!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You can't get along with everyone all the time. There will always be different personality types.

The imprtant thing is are you learning? Is what they teach solid and correct? Do you think they know what they are doing?

If they are good teachers it really doesn't matter if their personalities are a bit rough. If they are pushy that may mean that they will push you past what you think you are capable of doing. This is a good thing and what you should be looking for as a sudent.

Rudeness is subjective. Are they purposely picking you out and being rude directly to you? If not it may just be a personality trait or the way they were taught.

If they are good teachers (if you've taken an art before you can spot a fraud or a skilled professional) then my opinion would be to just listen and do what they say and see if you are progressing. If in a couple of months you think their instruction has been detrimental versus helpful, look for a different school/teacher.

I have been accused of being to rough and loud. It's the Marine in me and it can't be taken out. However after a couple of weeks training my students realize thats just how I talk and train but that I really do care about each and everyone of them. I still have the same students that entered my first class 20+ years ago. Give them a chance and see what you think in a month or so. You might find out they are really good teachers with a few personality flaws.

Good luck and keep training.

Devil Dog

Godan

Shorin ryu, goju ryu, isshin ryu, kobudo.

You can't get along with everyone all the time. There will always be different personality types.

The imprtant thing is are you learning? Is what they teach solid and correct? Do you think they know what they are doing?

If they are good teachers it really doesn't matter if their personalities are a bit rough. If they are pushy that may mean that they will push you past what you think you are capable of doing. This is a good thing and what you should be looking for as a sudent.

Rudeness is subjective. Are they purposely picking you out and being rude directly to you? If not it may just be a personality trait or the way they were taught.

If they are good teachers (if you've taken an art before you can spot a fraud or a skilled professional) then my opinion would be to just listen and do what they say and see if you are progressing. If in a couple of months you think their instruction has been detrimental versus helpful, look for a different school/teacher.

I have been accused of being to rough and loud. It's the Marine in me and it can't be taken out. However after a couple of weeks training my students realize thats just how I talk and train but that I really do care about each and everyone of them. I still have the same students that entered my first class 20+ years ago. Give them a chance and see what you think in a month or so. You might find out they are really good teachers with a few personality flaws.

Good luck and keep training.

Solid post!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!