• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New Person Question

xnovak1023

Welcome to the forums!

Traditional karate isn't really my thing, but there's plenty of authentic dojo's around the Chicago land area. Also, check cultural centers. We have some very authentic aikido and iaido at a Japanese cultural center in our far northwest suburbs here that was surprising to me.

So, don't forget to check in at cultural centers in your area. They might have exactly the sort of thing you're looking for.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Welcome to the forums!

Traditional karate isn't really my thing, but there's plenty of authentic dojo's around the Chicago land area. Also, check cultural centers. We have some very authentic aikido and iaido at a Japanese cultural center in our far northwest suburbs here that was surprising to me.

So, don't forget to check in at cultural centers in your area. They might have exactly the sort of thing you're looking for.

Thank you! I actually am a member of AAA and have been looking into the uchideshi program at Tenshinkan. But before I commit to full time in Aikido, I wish to gain more experience in other martial arts while I pull my finances together to fund studying Aikido as an uchideshi. The JKA Shotokan program is one of my favored options as of right now, I am from Lake Geneva, WI, though so wouldn't be able to make the drive frequently. Right now, I study Kyuki-Do at a local dojang and practice 2-3 hours a day, 6 days a week, not to include class times which is an additional 2 hours 4 days a week. I just wish to study traditional japanese arts, so my heart isn't into my current program 100%.