• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

47 Ronin. Anyone going to see it?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yes. Looks pretty cool. For a brief second, I thought, "What does Keanu Reeves have any business being in a samurai movie?" Then, I remembered I thought the same thing about Tom Cruise being in The Last Samurai, until I watched it and saw how great he did. Likewise, I think Keanu Reeves will do great.

Remember the Tii!

In Life and Death, there is no tap-out...

I want to see it but I think it will be after it releases to DVD. I'm just not much of a movie goer.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

Maybe it'll be less historically inaccurate than the second Hobbit movie.
:lol: That's my problem with the movie, although I compare its accuracy to "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter". I'll see it (eventually... maybe on Netfix). I just can't think of it as the story of the 47 Ronin. I don't recall hearing that the real 47 Ronin battled witches and giants!

Off topic - I visited the resting place of the 47 Ronin in Tokyo last year. It was a pretty humble spot. I wasn't as moved as I thought I'd be, but I was glad I went.

John - ASE Martial Arts Supply

https://www.asemartialarts.com

• 2 weeks later...

I watched it yesterday. It was ok, but I would place it on my wait to see in DVD list.

The past is no more; the future is yet to come. Nothing exist except for the here and now. Our grand business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what's clearly is clearly at hand...Lets continue to train!

I'll see it when it comes to DVD/Blue Ray.

However, after watching the trailer a second time, I just might go see it in a theater instead.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!