• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Essence of Wado Ryu DVDs

mazzybear

Hi guys,

Would like to know if any of you Wado Ryu practitioners out there have the 'Essence of Wado Ryu' films which Master Suzuki made some years ago? They have all Kata, Ohyo and Kihon spread over 4 DVDs. Are they worth getting to use alongside Sensei Ohgami's black and red books? Any input would be appreciated.

Be water, my friend.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Hi guys,

Would like to know if any of you Wado Ryu practitioners out there have the 'Essence of Wado Ryu' films which Master Suzuki made some years ago? They have all Kata, Ohyo and Kihon spread over 4 DVDs. Are they worth getting to use alongside Sensei Ohgami's black and red books? Any input would be appreciated.

I'd say they were always worth buying, if you can get hold of them.

There really isn't that many decent publications / productions on Wado full stop, so I would try to get hold of whatever's out there.

As well as Ohgami's books have you considered Roberto Danubios books and DVDs. They are more recent productions and to a very high standard.

Regards

K.

Usque ad mortem bibendum!

Hi guys,

I'd say they were always worth buying, if you can get hold of them.

There really isn't that many decent publications / productions on Wado full stop, so I would try to get hold of whatever's out there.

As well as Ohgami's books have you considered Roberto Danubios books and DVDs. They are more recent productions and to a very high standard.

Regards

K.

I guess having anything with Master Suzuki in can only be good. Anything I have just now is book based, so it would be good to add the DVDs. I've seen some of Danubio's kata on youtube, I'll definately look into his books too. Thanks for the reply.

M.

Be water, my friend.

I guess having anything with Master Suzuki in can only be good. Anything I have just now is book based, so it would be good to add the DVDs. I've seen some of Danubio's kata on youtube, I'll definately look into his books too. Thanks for the reply.

M.

Definitely, he was a very special martial artist.

Usque ad mortem bibendum!