• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Silva, White, and retirment disagreement

Anderson Silva says he would fight for someone else if Dana White tried to force his retirment: http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/440302/Silva-Ill-fight-for-someone-else-if-White-tries-to-force-my-retirement/

This is an interesting situation. Being a professional fighter is going to take its toll on the body. There is the data out there that shows that MMA appears to be easier on the head than Boxing is, but there are a lot of other concerns to keep in mind, as well. It appears that White is trying to avoid any kind of future litigation by keeping fighters from staying in the game too long, but I can also see where fighters that are proud and have some ego would not want to go out accept on their own terms.

Another angle to consider is the big ordeal that the NFL just went through in regards to dealing with concussions, and the rule changes they have made to prevent them in the future.

What do you think? Is White doing the right thing? Is Silva being too stubborn? I look forward to your thoughts.

• 4 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well, it's a mute question now because of what happened to him at the last UFC event: Broke leg.

However, White owns UFC, therefore he can force retirement on whomever he feels deserves it. Silva, isn't being too stubborn because I believe that he just want to be active. Still, Silva can't dictate to the owner of UFC, that boat won't float with White.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!