• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

2014 Martial Arts Goals

This thread seems interesting to keep. My goal for 2014 is the same one I have for the coming year and I have done it. So far I have been not caught a cold, a flu or any of the common viruses that aggravate people each year. Not even a runny nose! I think that is awesome because most people usually get one of those at least once a year. Now if I can keep that up for many more years it will be truly great. As far as training I'm hoping to improve the form and power in my basic techniques.

Who else has goals for 2015?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My goals for 2014 would have to be:

1. Pass my grading for 4th and hopefully 3rd Kyu (toward the end of the year) with no lower than a Pass B.

2. Improve my strength and flexability.

3. Enter as many competitions as I can and get placed as much as possible.

4. Eat clean, train hard.

All in all, I guess my aim is just to enjoy my martial arts journey as much as I have this year.

1. Hit this one, passed both with a B (3rd Kyu almost sneaked an A)

2. Hit this one, now comfortably managing mawashigeri jodan and with bite! (almost don't recognise myself from the girl who walked through the dojo doors 2 years ago)

3. Hit this one, entered three competitions and came away with 2nd place in all three.

4. Hit this one (mostly :D ) missed hardly any class and trained out in the garage at least twice a week, the eating slipped at times but nobody's perfect :roll:

So, pretty pleased with my year overall. Next year? Well, the work for sitting my black belt in Nov 2016 will begin. Bring it on!!!! :karate:

Mo.

Be water, my friend.

... for 2015?

Hmm ...

The plan is ... for the moment anyway ...!

• Compete in the Regional Tournament (Open division!) ... and account for myself honestly!

Go to Summer camp for a Shodan grading with Hanshi!

National Clicker Tournament

... it could all change!

Its the BKKs 50th year anniversary as well so I dare say a few things could get added as the year unfolds!

There is a national tournament (as always) but with the grading close to this on the calendar .. not sure I can commit to it!

:lol: We'll see, I'm sure I'll be given my decision by Shihan and Sensei!! :lol:

“A human life gains luster and strength only when it is polished and tempered.”

Sosai Masutatsu Oyama (1923 - 1994) Founder of Kyokushin Karate.

Martial art goals...

1. To assist in expanding our association (we'll be starting up a new class in January)

2. To continue my journey to 2nd Dan in TSD (but will not be grading for it next year)

Non-MA goals...

1. Complete my Post Graduate Certificate (this is 1/3 of a Masters)

2. Complete my Microsoft Certified Educator cert

3. Complete a Project Management cert

MA

1. Continue to do this

2. Continue to do this

Non-MA

1. Complete

2. Moved to 2015

3. Moved to 2015

:P

Tang Soo Do: 3rd Dan '18

Shotokan Karate: 2nd Dan '04

Well, last year I set goals to compete in my first MMA fight, pass my Ikkyu test in Shorin-Ryu, and attend more seminars. I did compete in my first MMA fight, I did pass my Ikkyu test, and I attended one more seminar than the year before, so I guess I succeeded! :)

In 2014, my goals are:

1. Attend more seminars (there were more I could have done and didn't)

2. Pass my Shodan test in Shorin-Ryu (scheduled for "summer" sometime :P)

3. Compete in a couple grappling competitions

1. Sort of done--I attended two seminars, but that's not more than the year before.

2. Done!

3. Fail. I participated in one freestyle judo scrimmage, but no other grappling competitions this year. My health hasn't been up to it, the timing hasn't been good, or the cost has been prohibitive :(

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society