• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

First grading tomorrow

Well after over 6 months training I'm going to my first grading 9th kyu tomorrow,not sure if I should be nervous or not as I have memorized the syllabus from start to finish from perfecting gedan barai to the timing of my kata, if any of you remember what did you feel like for your first grade.

GO HARD OR GO HOME

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

First of all, Welcome to KarateForums.com, glad to have you here!!

As I always suggest to those coming up to a testing cycle...Relax, train hard, breath, and allow the testing cycle take care of itself. You'll make mistakes, but you're allowed some, so, if you do mess up, just go on and don't dwell on it at all.

You'll be fine!! Good luck, and please let us know how things went!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Usually, in the case of gradings; the Sensei already knows that you have the skill to pass or you would not be grading in the first place. All you must do is relax and let it happen my friend. Welcome to the forum, you will find that your experience is shared by many :wink:

Look to the far mountain and see all.

Hello neighbour!

Where abouts in Wiltshire, we had our grading last week in Warminster.

Plenty of effort for first grade, if you make a mistake then move on, if you fluff the Kata ask to repeat it, you have done plenty of practice so should be fine.

Let us know how you got on.

I remember my 9th kyu test very well. I remember being so nervous that I felt nauseous. I remember being scared about messing up and praying that I didn't mess up. Then I did it, and while doing it I didn't feel nervous at all, I knew what to do and I did it. Then we finished and the nervousness set back in until he announced that I had passed.

You'll nail your test, don't worry. Be sure to let us how it goes.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/