• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

8 Ball Pool Tournament

Harkon72

I'm entered in an 8 Ball Pool Tournament today. £300 for the winner. It's a memorial trophy for an ex Wales international who passed away with cancer. They raise about £1,000 for a cancer hospice for children every year. I play my first round match at 11:00 GMT today. I don't know the player, some young kid, but we'll see how the Pool Bushido will have an effect on him. Wish me Luck Guys!

Look to the far mountain and see all.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I won the first round 3 - 2 then the second 3 - 1 and then lost in the quarter final 3 - 0. It was a great day, we raised over £1,000 for the charity.

I had a stroke of Luck, I bought a £150 Barracuda Pool Cue for £25, the only snag is that the brass ferrule was damaged and had to be removed. I can put on another brass one or go for an American style plastic push on. Getting the brass one on straight can be tricky but looks better, but push ons look fool proof. What would be your advice guys?

I'd go for the brass if it looks better. Aesthetically pleasing is always more enjoyable than the easy fix. I like projects though so the harder brass ferrule fix speaks to me a little more. You will be prouder of the Cue in the long run too, I think.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

Yes, I had a carpenter look at the cue this morning. He says that fitting a brass ferrule correctly without the right cue lathe and equipment is almost impossible. To have it done professionally would be expensive as there are not many craftsmen that offer the work in my area. I think it'll have to be a plastic ferrule for the tip to be honest. It might not look so good, but if it's on straight; that's really what matters.