• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Gene LeBell reflects on 50 years of MMA

Gene LeBell is a legend in the Martial Arts community, and has been involved with mixed style competition long before it was popularized by the UFC. It would be amazing to sit and listen to this man tell his stories: http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/440075/Gene-LeBell-reflects-on-50-years-of-mixed-rules-fighting/

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

His stories are amazing. I had the honor several years ago to train with him for a weekend and the stories and training where fantastic. I had a great interview on The Joe Rogan Experience podcast this past Monday. He's definitely one of a kind and I'll never forget the experience of that weekend.

I've always had a great amount of respect for Mr. LeBell and what he's given and added to the MA, and not just MMA. He's a lot to pass on to everyone who's will to drop their pride and willing to learn.

Congrats on your 50 years in the MA!!

:bowofrespect: :bowofrespect:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I can't imagine too many people so full of their selves that they wouldn't want to spend at least a weekend training with a legend in the martial arts. He preaches cross training in every style one has access to. He was light years ahead of most in the martial arts when he was in his prime.

""If you're going to be a martial artist, don't criticize, learn." -- Gene LeBell

Those are good words to practice and live by in the MAs.

Rusty, those are good points. We should take advantage of these opportunities, while we still can.

""If you're going to be a martial artist, don't criticize, learn." -- Gene LeBell

Rusty, those are good points. We should take advantage of these opportunities, while we still can.

Hands down my favorite quote from the whole video. It really says it all for me.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

Hands down my favorite quote from the whole video. It really says it all for me.

What Mr. LeBell speaks about is solid, however, not all MAists are willing to not criticize, for whatever the reason(s). Sad, but true.

:)

What Mr. LeBell speaks about is solid, however, not all MAists are willing to not criticize, for whatever the reason(s). Sad, but true.

As a teacher I had likes to say "They're still on the journey to be a Martial Artist, just like you and me. We're just a little further down the road."

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

• 2 weeks later...

As a teacher I had likes to say "They're still on the journey to be a Martial Artist, just like you and me. We're just a little further down the road."
I like that.

I like that.

I like that, too!!

:D