• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Learning The Lesson!

The saying is...

"Life is a cruel teacher! She loves to give you the test first, and the lesson later!"

How many MA instructors do you know that do JUST THAT?? I believe that Daymond John has hit the mark squarely, and it applies to the MA world.

Some instructors don't want to do the lesson before the test. They want to place themselves on a pedestal, one that's been manufactured by themselves.

These type of instructors will not go away, no matter what we try to make thier existence empty. Who suffers? The poor student to naive and/or the unexpectingly student! Either one will suffer in the long run.

Students want to learn, and in that, they deserve to learn the lesson properly and effectively first, then the test later!! It's our obligation to mold them in the right path that they will increase their MA betterment.

Learn the lesson first, then, when the time's right, then test said student properly. But please, don't build false securities becuase our students will pay the ultimate price if not checked.

Please, your thoughts!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Absolutely! Great OP... :)

The issue you bring up is actually a core part of the reason my CI and I left our organization 6+ years ago and began our journey searching for the real Matsubayashi-Ryu of Osensei Nagamine...which, in turn, led to us stumbling upon what we would later find out is the Te (Ti)...

If we weren't already experienced MAs, I fear we wouldn't have found what we did, nor would I be on the current path I'm on in my journey. Meaning, novice or intermediate students are surely most harmed by these types of instructors/schools, IMHO. Novice/intermediate students that are older/adults have a better chance than children of finding a legitimate instructor after such a damaging experience.

:karate:

Remember the Tii!

In Life and Death, there is no tap-out...

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes, this is a good way for someone to learn something...especially for someone who doesn't want to listen to begin with. By and large, however, doing it the other way around is better for the student, and makes for a better instructor, I think.

But at times, the reverse is necessary.