• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi Everyone!!!

ktom49

I'm almost 18 and live in KC, MO. I've been interested in martial arts for a long time now and have several friends that are or have been in it. I just had 2 questions:

1. Would it be worth starting at age 18?

2. Anyone know of any good schools around the KC area (preferably close to Lee's Summit)?

Thanks for any info and my email is ktom@kc.rr.com. :)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Can't answer 2 but number one is a BIG yes.

Honestly I do not think people need to start MA till their mid to late teens. You are not behind anything. In fact your learning curve should be greater now because you will have the mental ability to pick things up quicker.

Good luck and welcome to KF....

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Welcome to te boards. Definitly go for it, I assure you, you won't regret it :wink:

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

Hello :)

Like everyone else here, I agree at it is definitely not too late, and 18 is a great time to start. Also, you have a greater capacity for attention and devotion to specifics and details as well as greater capacity for commitment to long-term goals (all of these which are very important to the study of anything, much less martial arts). Good luck! ^^

'Conviction is a luxury for those on the sidelines'

William Parcher, 'A BEAUTIFUL MIND'