• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Two Contrasting Styles; One Decisive KO.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The it looks as though the TKD fighter is sparring still as if he is playing for points. Perhaps he should have trained to kick and follow through with those roundhouses to the head rather than placing for points?

You can't really conclude much from these style vs style fights as for every fight where Muay Thai might win, there are just as many where TKD win.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

I agree, I've seen much better fights; as Danielle says, the TKD fighter didn't follow through his technique with any real power. And as you say, the Muay Thai fighter was wide open most of the bout. What I could see was the difference in mind set between them; one was more of a stylist at the start, the other just took it and used basic brute force. The knock out punch was on the button though.

Look to the far mountain and see all.

There were a lot of times that the Muay Thai fighter got in close and the TKD fighter just got a little flustered. Props to the MT fighter for seeing where the TKD fighter was weaker and exploiting.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

• 2 weeks later...
The it looks as though the TKD fighter is sparring still as if he is playing for points. Perhaps he should have trained to kick and follow through with those roundhouses to the head rather than placing for points?

You can't really conclude much from these style vs style fights as for every fight where Muay Thai might win, there are just as many where TKD win.

His kicks did look kind of snappy, instead of being for power, but overall, I thought he used them well.

The TKD stylist used his front leg for kicks really well, and his footwork kept him out of a lot of trouble. I could tell that his hands weren't nearly on par with the Thai fighter's, and I could also tell he didn't want to be standing anywhere close to the Thai stylist. His second fall down was more a result of the kick being off, as opposed to the strike by the Thai stylist, but that happens when you start jumping around and people jam you.

On a side note, this was the first full contact fight that I had seen a TKDer use consecutive kicks with some degree of success. But, perhaps a few well placed single kicks with more power would have served him better.

My two cents. Thanks for sharing it.

I thought you Tae Kwon Do stylists might enjoy this one better;

It's a great finish. :D

I could definitely see the WTF in that guy. Hands down low, the kihaps, and pretty good footwork. However, that might have been different with ropes around him. A nice spin back kick, right to the chin.

There were a lot of times that the Muay Thai fighter got in close and the TKD fighter just got a little flustered. Props to the MT fighter for seeing where the TKD fighter was weaker and exploiting.

Yes...YES...YES!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!