• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello to all.

Roninkai

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome and welcome back to Karate! I went back for pretty much the exact same reason a few years ago. There is something enticing about practicing kata. It can almost be like full body meditation.

Hope you enjoy your first class tonight!

• 3 weeks later...
My first introduction to Shotokan was in the Philippines (Angeles City) way back in 1973... I am here in Las Vegas now and I checked some of the Shotokan Dojos here. I just ordered my Shureido K-10 gi and I am ready to go back and train in Shotokan again this coming Wednesday.

Belated welcome, Roninkai!

I hope you're enjoying your training. I know of a several good Shotokan dojos in Las Vegas, a few with Filipino head instructors. Shotokan must be pretty popular in the Philippines. We have many Shotokan customers here in the U.S. with ties to dojos there.

John - ASE Martial Arts Supply

https://www.asemartialarts.com

Belated welcome too :)

Heard nice things about Angeles City, though never been there (I lived in Manila and Cavite for a few years in the 90's).

Hope that you enjoy Shotokan (again) :)

Tang Soo Do: 3rd Dan '18

Shotokan Karate: 2nd Dan '04

Thank you very much to all of you who gave me that nice welcome.

Yes, I was surprised that so many good Shotokan dojos here in the Valley. It's really hard choosing one as all of them are really good. I visited three of them and I decided on one and that's the JKA Las Vegas. I wish I can join all of them but,,,.

Update on my training: My first night was a 2 hours of tiring and exhausting class (but very enjoying). Doing those zukis, geris, dachis, ukes and uchis for a hundred times after 20+ years of not doing them really made me running out of breath. I mean, we don't kick as much and we don't do much atemi in Aikido as well in Iaido. Guess what? The next morning I can't even get-up from the bed,,, I am so dead sore that I can't even move my legs and arms. It took me 4 days of rest before the soreness went away. Today I went to the class and did some katas and some sparring.

Now, I am back!!!

OSS

100X is better than 10X