• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yoga and the Martial Arts

I have never had the opportunity to do Yoga, but it sounds like its great for flexibility. As I get older, I find it harder and harder to retain my flexibility. Perhaps it would be something to look into.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

As we get older muscles shorten, and range of motion begins to get affected. Yoga helps restore those functions.

Yoga also helps re-alignment of the body and can contribute to regaining the symmetry that we can lose in our lives as we use and abuse our true balance in every day life. You can test yourself; lie on your back with your knees up in the semi supine pose, then reach your arms along the floor straight behind your head; relax, do both your hands touch the floor?

Look to the far mountain and see all.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a great discovery for me; the partner of my Yoga teacher used massage to relieve tendon pain in my head in a few seconds, it's not a mystery; if you realign your body it will heal itself.

Look to the far mountain and see all.

One of my TSD mates who went for his 1st Dan at the same as me does yoga to help with his flexibility and relaxation - he's experienced improvement.

Tang Soo Do: 3rd Dan '18

Shotokan Karate: 2nd Dan '04