• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i dont know check it out?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I don't want to criticize or make any definite judgments, I have never been to the Dojo or watched any class. I don't know the fees to be paid or anything. That said; and this is only my opinion, I would be wary of any made up style like this; I would ask the questions"What style is this?" "What association are you accountable to?" and "Who is your Teacher." As a good friend says "The Proof is on the Floor."

Look to the far mountain and see all.

I don't want to criticize or make any definite judgments, I have never been to the Dojo or watched any class. I don't know the fees to be paid or anything. That said; and this is only my opinion, I would be wary of any made up style like this; I would ask the questions"What style is this?" "What association are you accountable to?" and "Who is your Teacher." As a good friend says "The Proof is on the Floor."

Absolutely... I second this notion... Finding out the instructor's credibility and history is a must (don't just take the words on his Web site for granted, look into it!) :)

Remember the Tii!

In Life and Death, there is no tap-out...

Absolutely... I second this notion... Finding out the instructor's credibility and history is a must (don't just take the words on his Web site for granted, look into it!) :)

What these guys said. I have no problem with eclectic styles, that said, I want lineage on where the components came from, how long the coach in question trained in given disciplines, ect. That helps establish why he's even qualified to start thinking systemically.

I'd also be wary of it just because I didn't see any information about the principles or outlook of the system. Most places that do this sort of thing will explain their outlook. I find it disturbing that they are so vague. Vague always makes me question.

Lastly, the claim of teaching BJJ is getting more common these days. That said, there's no instructor named and no lineage there. That's even more rare in BJJ than it is in oriental arts. It's a system that really prides itself on self regulation and legitimate instructors. To not put that out there is odd.

Again, it does not mean that the school isn't good. It just means that the presentation would raise some serious questions for me.

im just wondering if this is an mcdojo

check em out

http://www.coremartialartsnewtampa.com/index.html

First of all...Welcome to KarateForums.com!! Glad to have you here!!

To the bold type above...Not necessarily! If said school is considered by said individual, then there's not really much can be done because McDojo's will be around for quite along time because there's no legislation which has been promulgated to stop there infestation.

Interpretation of whether it is or it isn't a McDojo will be up to the individual. Therefore, any individual will have to visit said school many times, and in that, they'll also have to speak with said instructor(s) before one can reach their own conclusions.

That being said, I will have to say this again, and hopefully, I'm not beating this like a dead horse, but....Proof IS on the floor!! But one has to know how to discern exactly what the floor is telling/showing you candidaly.

First impression are so important, and whether it's a good or bad first impression, that too must be interpretated by said individual. I'd go as far as asking said schools business neighbors about their impressions about the school, its students, as well as its instructor(s) because sometimes, that can reveal quite a lot about said school of the MA.

Don't be so fast to judge vacantly!!

Imho!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!