• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What Kind Of Camera??

sensei8

That deal is now dead (if anyone is wondering why it isn't working). :) It was this camera, but there are plenty of other options: http://www.amazon.com/Canon-VIXIA-R400-Advanced-Camcorder/dp/B00AWZFJ22/

I think you can probably get a good consumer camcorder that shoots 1080p for $200-$300 or around there. :)

Patrick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If you want a still camera (DLSR) that can take quality video you’ll want at least a Canon EOS 700D or Canon EOS 70D preferably. This can be more costly, but depends on what else you wish to use the camera for – both are great still cams.

For a dedicated video camera, you cannot go wrong with the Sony CX series; something like the Sony HDR-CX410 (however all Sony CX cams are all great quality).

However as most new video cameras with easily provide great results for YouTube video; more important is video editing software so that it looks professional. In my opinion Sony Vegas Pro is the best (but expensive at around £300) however they sell a budget version called Sony Movie Studio (which costs about £30) and will surely suffice.

Osu!

Thanks all...and the jury is still out on which one to buy.

:)

Well maybe you can answer some questions to help you see what you want? :)

As a starting point, what's your budget? To make things simple, under $100, $300, $600, or more?

(Does that money include tripod, separate microphone, software, lights etc. or do you have extra?)

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Thanks all...and the jury is still out on which one to buy.

:)

Well maybe you can answer some questions to help you see what you want? :)

As a starting point, what's your budget? To make things simple, under $100, $300, $600, or more?

(Does that money include tripod, separate microphone, software, lights etc. or do you have extra?)

Opps!! I was only thinging that ALL of the other stuff would be included in the purchase of a camera. Well, that sucks!!

Our budget was nominal; what the common price may bear for said camera, but now, I've got to think about what the OTHER stuff might involve. Sheech!!

See, nothing can be easy for me who's dumber than a stick when it comes to things like this!!

:roll:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Well to be fair you could quite easily get a 2nd hand tripod (if you even need one that is) and a 2nd hand mic off somewhere like eBay or Craigslist. Plenty a reasonable free open source software too.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius