• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What Kind Of Camera??

sensei8

Our Hombu is really trying to do some YouTube segments containing a wide Shindokan techniques/kata/etc, but...

We've no idea on what type of camera and the like to use. Sorry if I've asked this question before, I'm not sure if I've asked before.

Any help would be appreciated and welcomed.

HELP!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Most cameras are multi functional nower days. Still, Video and Digital. They usually come with software for your web media too. I suggest Nikon, they're not the top of the range, they're not the cheapest, but all my optics are designed by these Japanese masters. But mostly it depends what deal you can get.

Look to the far mountain and see all.

Is the download onto YouTube difficult? Are there some things I should be aware of before hand?

What's the typical price range for said camera? I don't want a grainy lousy recording; I want quality.

Thanks in advance.

I know I said Nikon, but this Sony model I think is a better deal;

Just click on the blue name and it takes you to a sales screen.

http://reviews.bestbuy.com/3545/8013087/sony-hdr-pj380-16gb-hd-flash-memory-camcorder-black-reviews/reviews.htm

This is just an example.

Gareth.

I keep forgetting that BestBuy has that type of stuff. That's what I get from living in a cave, and not venturing much out.

Thanks for that Gareth!!

What's too much to pay for something of quality?

You can get one in the UK for £250, about $400. Don't pay more than $600 Sensei. Also look at how expensive the equipment to accompany the camera costs; such as tri-pods, disks and other spares. Good luck Bob, you might find some good deals, but if it sounds too good to be true; it usually is, you can get what you pay for.

Most camcorders should be fine for basic YouTube videos Bob. You shouldn't need to shell out big time for one.

For tech stuff I always look at most popular products on places like Amazon and read all the reviews. Maybe this might help you:

http://reviews.cnet.com/camcorder-buying-guide/

Decide what features you need and your budget then go from there. IMHO you can't go wrong with the big name brands, Canon, Nikon, Sony...

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

In my monitoring of Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals, this just popped on my radar: http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/detail.jsp?skuId=9999216200050063&pid=pcmprd215100050063&pcatId=abcat0403000&ref=199&loc=NKa3hZyYoHA&siteID=NKa3hZyYoHA-.rH1VyoKLBmRFRLS86de7Q

Looks like a great deal, as explained here: http://dealnews.com/Canon-VIXIA-HF-R400-1080-p-Digital-Camcorder-for-170-free-shipping/920406.html#comments

Through the first link I mentioned (thanks to the comments of the second link), you can get a 32 GB memory card with it.

I would look for something similar to that one or what Gareth has been mentioning. One thing I'd make sure it has is an external mic jack. I think that is fairly normal, but maybe not all of them have it. You'll find that the camera's built-in mic is limited, so it can be very helpful to have the ability to buy a separate mic and connect it to improve your audio - usually in a major way.

Hope this helps.

Patrick

Thank you all! We'll be looking into what each of you have advised in the next few weeks. Hopefully we can agree on something...hopefully!! Again, what's too much to pay for what you've suggested??