• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What Is A MAists Life?

Time is very short. Shorter than one can ever imagine or realize. In the comparison to eternity, time is just a mere speck on the horizon.

What is a MAists life?!

~It's like a lighting swift swing of the pendulum of the clock of time.

~It's like the stay of the postman at the door.

~It's like the snowflake that falls from the heavens and it shines in its beauty for a moment, touches the raging stream of water below it, then it vanishes.

~It's like the sparks that fly upward from a bonfire, they flame for a moment against the night sky, and then they are extinguished forever.

~It's so little time between cradle and coffin. So little distance between our hello's and goodbye's.

~Such a short span between the babies cry and the death rattle in the throat.

What shall it be?! What shall the end be?! When death knocks on the door and says that it's time to go.

What will the end be?!

What is a MAists life?!

How will your MA life be measured??

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

For me Bob, being true to myself, my Honor has value beyond what I am. My Love for being is like the mountain that I climb, the Happiness that I feel walking this journey is what being is all about. The people that I meet along the way add to my experience and learning. My Loved ones are family and not always blood. My Honor flows from my Darling that I share my life with, she knows me and my Guides better than I do in my waking life. My Martial Arts are a method for my learning and the development of my Self. Honor is a man's gift to Himself.

Look to the far mountain and see all.

For me Bob, being true to myself, my Honor has value beyond what I am. My Love for being is like the mountain that I climb, the Happiness that I feel walking this journey is what being is all about. The people that I meet along the way add to my experience and learning. My Loved ones are family and not always blood. My Honor flows from my Darling that I share my life with, she knows me and my Guides better than I do in my waking life. My Martial Arts are a method for my learning and the development of my Self. Honor is a man's gift to Himself.

Solid post!!

Your last sentence, "Honor is a man's gift to Himself" has a great ring to it, yet, it's more than that because without honor, nothing else can really matter both in and out of the MA.

I know that I'm reaching the end of my journey, it's just something that I feel in my heart, yet, the battle within me still rages on, and in that, I will not allow 'IT' to define me both in and out of the MA. To die doing what one loves is an honorable thing, but, I don't want to die doing the MA if it means that I've neglected my family.

I believe that my MA life will be measured as something that is complete in its totality. Who will measure it? I will, and in that, others can only submit their opinions, while my measure will be exact and demanding across the board.

My proof can be found on the floor!!

You know in my style of TKD we have exactly 24 forms.

The life of a human being, perhaps 100 years, can be considered as a day when compared with eternity. Therefore, we mortals are no more than simple travelers who pass by the eternal years of an eon in a day.

It is evident that no one can live more than a limited amount of time. Nevertheless, most people foolishly enslave themselves to materialism as if they could live for thousands of years. And some people strive to bequeath a good spiritual legacy for coming generations, in this way, gaining immortality. Obviously, the spirit is perpetual while material is not. Therefore, what we can do to leave behind something for the welfare of mankind is, perhaps, the most important thing in our lives.

Here I leave Taekwon-Do for mankind as a trace of man of the late 20th century.

The 24 patterns represent 24 hours, one day, or all my life.

Gen. Choi Hong Hi

You've only got 24hours to make your mark so you have to seize each moment; you'll never get an opportunity to live it again and you don't want to get older and less physically and mentally able and be thinking "what if?".

A favourite quote of mine is from a Winston Churchill speech :

What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

So, you’ve been born – you didn’t have any say in that!

Get your head down and forge through life as best you can.

Procreate.

Then you have done your job – so you can die!!!

The trick is however - to have as much fun on the journey as you can ;). 

K.

Usque ad mortem bibendum!

Solid post!!

Your last sentence, "Honor is a man's gift to Himself" has a great ring to it, yet, it's more than that because without honor, nothing else can really matter both in and out of the MA.

I know that I'm reaching the end of my journey, it's just something that I feel in my heart, yet, the battle within me still rages on, and in that, I will not allow 'IT' to define me both in and out of the MA. To die doing what one loves is an honorable thing, but, I don't want to die doing the MA if it means that I've neglected my family.

I believe that my MA life will be measured as something that is complete in its totality. Who will measure it? I will, and in that, others can only submit their opinions, while my measure will be exact and demanding across the board.

My proof can be found on the floor!!

And from:

So, you’ve been born – you didn’t have any say in that!

Get your head down and forge through life as best you can.

Procreate.

Then you have done your job – so you can die!!!

The trick is however - to have as much fun on the journey as you can ;). 

K.

Great posts, Harkon72, Bob, and Kusotare... :)

IMHO, one of the aspects of my MA journey is similar to one of the aspects of marriage; like marriage, MA is a journey that prepares one for death. Think about any of the folks you may know that have been married for 50, 60, 70+ years. IME, the closer these folks get to their ends of life, the more resolute and content they seem to be. I think a long, rich MA journey would have a similar effect...

:karate:

Remember the Tii!

In Life and Death, there is no tap-out...

For me, I live with MA coming along with me. Try to do what's right, be a good person, raise my children up to be better than me. Try to continually make myself better, and use the Martial Arts to help me do that.

While many noted great MA masters of yesterday, and possibly today, have passed away while on the floor of their choice, I do not wish to end my MA journey while on said floor because it's not that I don't love the MA, I do, it's just that I love my God and my family much more, and sometimes, the MA limits those cherished moments.

It's the choice of the MAist and not the choice of other MAists and the like, imho!!

While many noted great MA masters of yesterday, and possibly today, have passed away while on the floor of their choice, I do not wish to end my MA journey while on said floor because it's not that I don't love the MA, I do, it's just that I love my God and my family much more, and sometimes, the MA limits those cherished moments.

It's the choice of the MAist and not the choice of other MAists and the like, imho!!

Amen to that Bob.

As with most things in life, it's about achieving a good balance.

K.

Usque ad mortem bibendum!

Amen to that Bob.

As with most things in life, it's about achieving a good balance.

K.

I concur!!