• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Jiu-Jitsu flow drills...suggestions?

Nope. I think it's one we(meaning I) kept saying we were going to film but never did. And I can't believe how much I have on tape that we don't teach anymore. I really have forgotten more Jiu Jitsu than I teach people, it's amazing. I found a whole series of spider guard sweeps that Ben worked with me right after I got my blue.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we want to go into the stand up things we don't teach on much or at all any more? Too much to cover, too little time. If someone would just step in to pay us full time to do this stuff we would have the time to do it all.

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

We have a basic flow drill that starts from under mount and moves all the way to mount, through the various positions on top, and allows your partner to start the drill himself right after. So it's a back and forth exchange with no real re-set between reps. I don't think PittbullJudoka has the video up so I'll try a quick "type through" of the series.

Start under mount. Break the top man down so they can't sit up and work. Trap same side arm and leg, bridge and roll to sweep. You'll come up in guard. Start your pass, pass out to scarf hold and switch right into side control. Pass around the head from side to north-south, back to side control on the opposite side. Get your grips at collar and on a pant leg and posture up to knee on belly. Cut your knee across to mount. Now the partner on bottom can start their turn on the drill.

Does that mess make sense? I know a lot of it assumes certain knowledge for things like the sweep and pass etc. But it simple enough to follow.

Yes, some of it makes sense, and I think I might be able to look the rest of it up. I will have to look into some youtube and see what I can find. I've also got a few books I can look into, one of which I just loaned to the JiuJitsu club...:roll:

It was suggested to me by my instructor as in his opinion one othe best BJJ books to date. I got it before I got my blue belt and still refer to it on occasion to this day. Also Andre Galvao has a book Drill to Win has some excellent drills to build endurance and muscle memory geared to the grappling arts.