• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

elbow

I did use an elbow strike to the ribs when I was attacked. He had me in a headlock (he was standing behind me). I backfisted his nose, elbowed his ribs, and another backfist to the "family jewels". He let go in a hurry. But I wasn't sure which technique worked, because the blood was flowing and I did it so fast. I did a sidekick to the same ribs afterwards, also. I walked away. He didn't :D

Laurie F

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I don't study Muay Thai but I have admired it for some time. Just do a google search for Muay Thai and hopefully you will be directed to a UK site featuring movies, one of which is a TKO from a spinning elbow! :brow: :brow:

OOOWWW ive seen that! its so amazingly cool.

Well I think that using your elbows in a street fight is a good idea. Well when I spar or get hit by an elbow it sometimes hurt it depends on how hard you use your elbow. But I haven't used it in a really situation before.

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

• 4 weeks later...
Elbow strikes .... yammyyyyyyyyy. They are indeed devastating. it's amazing you can do so many things with them :) At close range they are a good ascape and a way to achieve victory. The only problem is that in order to gain the most from empi technoques one must work quite hard :)

• 2 weeks later...
Ditto on all replies---Very effective. I accidently broke a friend's nose in close in class one Saturday. For a change we were working on grappling & as he grabbed me I turned into him swinging my left arm up & out of his grasp. Unfortunately-my elbow came down & just clipped the bridge of his nose. I heard it pop,the blood started to flow & I felt pretty bad. I am about 4 inches taller & 50 lbs heavier so I felt guilty. But-I barely felt the contact so just imagine if you are trying to ram that elbow into some dirtbags face.... Also,great to use against kicks. I love to drop my elbows down on shins in sparring. They may get their kick in-but they pay for it ! :D

*1st Dan Oct 2004*

"Progress lies not enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be."

"It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them."

I love elbow strikes, i would likely do them in a confrontation, as well as knees, since i'm not always gonna get a chance to kick and i really dun wanna get into a punch up...plus grappling ain't always the best idea, so...close-range attacks rule!

"razor elbows, killer knees, iron fists and monster kicks"

"Nice punch!!!, now let's see how well you punch with a broken arm"