• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

elbow

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Elbows, when executed properly, can be a quick devastating attack. They can injure an opponent very quickly. I've only used elbows a couple of times in street fights, they are in my opinion, a viable tool. But you must learn to use them properly, with proper timing, speed and power.

Understand this, a man without honor, is not a man at all, but a coward in disquise.

Animis Opibusque Parati

You can generate a lot of power with your elbows. They can be devastating. Try it out on the bag, you'll be surprised at the power you generate with a proper technique.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

I have neve had the chance to use it. LOL. However if you told me I could hit you with anything I wanted to and that was the only shot I got I would take a elbow strike. Theyare very powerful and do tons of damage.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

• 1 month later...
I don't study Muay Thai but I have admired it for some time. Just do a google search for Muay Thai and hopefully you will be directed to a UK site featuring movies, one of which is a TKO from a spinning elbow! :brow: :brow:

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

The basic elbow strikes are the horizontal, diagonal/vertical/cut, uppercut and axe elbow strikes.

Kyle-san that is a very good combo, but to make it even more distructive and effective you should jab, then with the same hand still in motion use a cut elbow and another cut elbow with your other arm, both elbows should be to the temple or the side of the eyebrow. Also ALWAYS remember to cover your face with your other hand when using an elbow strike, becuase it's possible for your opponent to counter with a punch or an elbow of their own.

http://www.shoto.com/pictures/articles/muaythai/weapons/elbow2.jpg

Edited by Thai_Kick

Limits Are Not Accepted. They Are Elbowed, Kicked And Punched.