• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

THE MAIN DIFFERENCE IS THAT KUNG FU FORMS TEND TO BE MORE FASTE FLOWING WITH KARATEKA KATA TEND TO BE LESS FLOWING. KARATE IS MORE LIKE ONE PUNCH KILL AND KUNG FU IS MORE FLOWING, LIKE HIT THE GUY 5 TIMES. LOOK AT A KUNG FU VIDEO AND A KARATE VIDEO,

I HAVE STUDIED KARATE AND PRAYING MANTIS ""QUOTE""

Seriously is there a nomination for daft post of the week or what?

The superior man is modest in his speech, but excels in his actions.

Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC)

Crosstraining in bjj/silat/muaythai/jkd/JJJ/kickboxing

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with you on that one Jeffin

"You Are Never Given A Dream Without Also Being Given The Power To Make It True. You May Have To Work For It, However"

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner

West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy

2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)

Its the enormous over simplification that got me and the total innaccuracy not the last sentence. Your posts are hard to understand as well what is innfective?

The superior man is modest in his speech, but excels in his actions.

Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC)

Crosstraining in bjj/silat/muaythai/jkd/JJJ/kickboxing

That's a strange question to answer. Obviously we see a difference between Aikido and Karate, there's just so many styles of Kung Fu.

Basically, Karate is slower than Kung Fu and less powerful.

I know yall differentiate between Judo and Karate so why not do the same for the Chinese Styles? Kung Fu is just a blanket term for all the Martial Arts Practiced in China and Chinese Satellite States.

As for which is more affective, I really think Kung Fu is. Don't get mad, its just my observation.

In the style I'm learning now, we have a very diverse background of people training. Some from Karate some from Kung Fu, some from Jiu Jitsu ect. What I noticed was, that during flow drills, I could always accurately count how many strikes were thrown by people who earned blackbelts in Karate styles just by vision alone. While the Kung Fu fighters I would have no clue how many shots were thrown other than the rapid beat when the strikes hit.

They notice that they are a tad bit slower than the other students who weren't used to striking the Karate way, but that's ok.

As for one shot kills, Choy Li Fut is famous for that. In fact several Kung Styles have the capability of delivering 7-8 Death Strikes in a second, with strikes to the temple, throat, nose, ect. That's the trick of it, most Karate Styles require a rechambering of your primary weapons Most Chinese Styles simply continue the flow.

I own you.