• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Some of the ads on Karate Forums are actually relevant to me

JohnASE

Probably no one cares, but I thought I'd share this.

I normally don't notice ads on websites as they're not usually relevant to me, but I just saw an ad for Autozone here on Karate Forums. It caught my attention because I was there on Tuesday getting radiator hoses for my wife's car. The next ad to pop up was for Quiznos. They delivered our lunch that same day. Then, I saw an ad for Jaybird, and I have a set of their Freedom bluetooth stereo headsets. I haven't used it in a while, but I actually thought about wearing it to listen to music while installing the hoses.

I suppose this isn't very interesting, but I thought the odds against going three for three was probably pretty high. It is for me, anyway.

Now that I think about it. This is the future, except it won't be random. Ads will be targeted at individuals more and more as time goes on. I know this is a big concern to many people, but I'm not really worried about it. There are plenty of bigger privacy issues to be worried about.

John - ASE Martial Arts Supply

https://www.asemartialarts.com

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thanks for sharing that. :) That's pretty cool, actually. Yeah, there is a lot that is being done with ad targeting to help ensure more relevant ads. Of course, they depends on the inventory of ads. We'd serve only martial arts related ads if we could, but the inventory isn't there to support it, unfortunately.

I appreciate you supporting the community.

Patrick