• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

4th Kyu Grading

I grade for my full 4th Kyu in Shukokai Karate this friday. I'm looking forward to it but I know I will have to prove how much I want it. Two Kata, 12 combinations, ippon kumite, jui kumite, pad work and a grueling fitness test. My Sensei is grading for his 5th Dan next month, so I will try to set an example at my level to give him a boost. Wish me luck guys!

Look to the far mountain and see all.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to you and your instructor, both!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Pinan Yondan and Pinan Godan, then another previous Pinan Kata at random and two kihon kata at random. I practiced tonight, I feel confident enough to choose my Sensei as an opponent in the Kumite.

Look to the far mountain and see all.

Pinan Yondan and Pinan Godan, then another previous Pinan Kata at random and two kihon kata at random. I practiced tonight, I feel confident enough to choose my Sensei as an opponent in the Kumite.

Sweet... Pinan Yondan is one of my favorites; Godan is great, too. They both have a lot going on in them. Glad to hear that you're confident in your practice; a positive attitude goes a long way to performing well during your test.

:karate:

Remember the Tii!

In Life and Death, there is no tap-out...