• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Greetings from Groovy Nippon

Mark Groenewold

Hi.

I think that I was once on this forum, disappeared and am now in my second incarnation.

My name is Mark Groenewold and I am living, training, working, and eating sushi here in groovy Nippon.

I have cruised around these forums a bit and am glad to throw myself into the fray. Although I have been pretty active on the Yahoo Shotokan List I am looking forward to checking out what these forums have to offer too.

In the meantime I ask your patience and good humor as we hang out.

Best regards,

Mark Groenewold

Kanazawa, Japan

See how karate is done in Japan.

http://www.karatethejapaneseway.com

mark@karatethejapaneseway.com

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello Mark,

Welcome aboard or back :wave: Looking forward to hearing about some of your experiences back in Japan :karate: :up:

By the way, I took a look at your web site and so far it looks good!!! Keep up the good work :up: :up:

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

Glad you came back to KarateForums! (.... they always do!) :D

One of my fav sayings is "There's always room for one more "....

stick around now! Anxious to hear more from you ... :wink:

Might I add.... I enjoyed your website! (I learned so much about you and training "the Japanese Way") We welcome another "open-minded", knowledgeable, funny guy here.... (and there's always room for --- one more teacher! :nod:)

Welcome Mark!

Thanks a lot for the kind responses. I am really surprised how quickly they came!

I just went home for a few hours, came back to my office and BANG a whole whack of people responded. Cool.

Thanks also for looking at my site. That is much appreciated. The whole site was actually designed as a prototype for the book. Several chapters were put up and tested against a wide band-width of different readers in the martial arts.

In the process however, I also added articles, reviews, links, and responded to the ton of letters I was getting. So the site kind of grew into something else.... a kind of monster.

The book, however, went a different way. Has a ton of material not on the site and has a whole lot of photos I had taken here in Japan. It is slated to come out in the next few weeks. The cover of the book is on the index page of the site actually. And the man in the photos is my teacher, Taniguchi-Sensei.

If you folks have any thoughts, questions, criticisms, or suggestions I would love to hear what you have to say.

Best,

Mark Groenewold

Kanazawa, Japan

See how karate is done in Japan.

http://www.karatethejapaneseway.com

mark@karatethejapaneseway.com