• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wrestling is back!

Wrestling is back in the Olympics! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/24009517

One of the original Olympic sports, which was unceremoniously dropped by a bunch of panty-waists who decided to keep dressage, has been reinstated. I'll be interested to see what rule changes the IOC insisted upon, but I think the re-inclusion of wrestling is fantastic.

(I'm also glad that karate is nowhere to be seen at the Olympic level, but that's another thread...) :brow:

"Honour, not honours." ~ Sir Richard Francis Burton

http://oronokarate.weebly.com

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

That's great to hear! Thanks for sharing that article. When whispers of the Olympics pop up around me, I still ask, "what in the world were they thinking when they dropped wrestling?" I'll be interested, too, to see what changes are to be made that allowed wrestling to return...

BTW...

(I'm also glad that karate is nowhere to be seen at the Olympic level, but that's another thread...) :brow:

I'm actually with you on that... :wink:

Remember the Tii!

In Life and Death, there is no tap-out...

I'm glad it's back. But I'm also of the opinion that it was never actually gone. I feel that it was a grand (and effective) marketing ploy. Expect to see wrestling in prime time this next Olympics. This campaign was designed to, inexpensively, give people a desire to watch...and I anticipate lots of wrestling coverage in prime time as a result. Just my 2cents.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Great news, but it should never have been removed. PS Glad Karate didn't get in. May force all the political issues with in to get sorted. But I'm not holding my breath.

If you believe in an ideal. You don't own it ; it owns you.

I too am glad that it's back. The Olympics wouldn't be the same!!

High five to the IOC!! Even though I'm a karateka, I'm also glad that karate hasn't been selected as a part of the Olympics because I've seen what the IOC has delegated the MA to become.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I'm glad it's back. But I'm also of the opinion that it was never actually gone. I feel that it was a grand (and effective) marketing ploy. Expect to see wrestling in prime time this next Olympics. This campaign was designed to, inexpensively, give people a desire to watch...and I anticipate lots of wrestling coverage in prime time as a result. Just my 2cents. [Emphasis added by CredoTe]

You're probably right on target, especially regarding the text I emphasized in bold. Most things like this end up being PR moves to initiate or grow interest in something, just as you allude to.

:)

Remember the Tii!

In Life and Death, there is no tap-out...

Good news but I would hope that they continue to improve the sport and not just take it for granted that they're back in... The reasons for taking it out haven't magically gone away overnight.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius