• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My Story

Am I overreacting? (Be honest!)  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Am I overreacting? (Be honest!)

• Yes
    • No

Trust me, my parents want me to go to the other school. I live with my dad by the way. I'll try doing that. My dad already yelled at the instructor and the instructor said that he can't wait until I leave. My dad said he will take me up to the other school tomorrow and I can transfer. :D

Tang Soo Do - Red Belt (2nd GUP)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me, my parents want me to go to the other school. I live with my dad by the way. I'll try doing that. My dad already yelled at the instructor and the instructor said that he can't wait until I leave. My dad said he will take me up to the other school tomorrow and I can transfer. :D

Good to hear :D Sorry if I sounded like "daddy" or "big brother"; your story hits a soft spot on me... :blush: See, my wife and I are due for our first child in October 2013, and we're having a baby girl. So, the "daddy" instinct to watch out for his daughter is rising in me...;)

Remember the Tii!

In Life and Death, there is no tap-out...

Does this so called instructor have a Governing Body? I'm sure they wouldn't like to hear that he is bringing the Art into disrepute! I would ask for support from within the Tang Soo Do community. Just a thought.

Look to the far mountain and see all.

That sounds like a horrendous school FangPwnsAll7; a toxic environment you definitely don't want to be in.

1st of all, make sure your parents are fully aware of everything that is happening and has happened and document everything fully. Then leave.

Furthermore if the school is part of a larger organisation you may want to submit a formal complaint higher up.. any reputable organisation will have systems in place for dealing with situations like this.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

I've decided to go up to the new school a few hours ago, and they said I can start taking classes there tomorrow. :D The instructor is much better. :D I'll see if my parents can bring up the situation with someone.

Keep the note, and go to local law enforcement about it. You don't have much by the way of a threat in it, but you do have a case for harrassment. Depending on where/how they are touching you, you may have a case for sexual battery, as well. The one downfall is that its going to be your word against their word, and if they have a story lined up already, it could be tough on you to get something proved.

If you are under contract, try to get directly into contact with the company the contract is through. Report to them the activities that take place, and that you cannont safely remain at that location, and want to terminate the contract immediately. If they give you guff, bring up getting an attorney. That may help, it may not.

As mentioned above, don't wait, don't stay. It is not worth it.

Fangpwnsall7 their are dojos like that and their instructors and their student are like that maybe the one who teaches the instructor are like that too they teach bad attitude and martial arts that's a bad martial arts not good if I was you ill get out right now who cares about november even in the competition are like that their some karate instructors that would say beat him hard or break his bone and they think they all that.

I want to keep in touch with ya to see how ya doing if that dojo do something bad call the police by the way im mike aka ShotokanMaster im a green belt in shotokan and a white belt in kenpo karate ill message ya my cell or skype ok

I love Shotokan Karate Do and American Kenpo Karate

I replied. ^

I had a lesson with my new instructor and I liked it better.

My parents wanted to see the old instructor to tell him that I will not be coming back and his Mexican 15 year old son tried to slap me but I blocked it and left... :D

Hi Fang -

Fortunately I'm actually a police officer in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania so I can give you and your dad some options about what to do with this particular incident.

First of all, thank goodness you left that environment and have found a new one.

Now on to the legal side of things. No one has a right to touch you when you don't want to be touched. In Pennsylvania, this is known as indecent assault and is actually a misdemeanor in Pennsylvania. Being that these boys are over the age of 10, they are liable for their actions. I think you and your father should contact the police and file a report to the best of your ability. Try to sit down beforehand and write down the times when it has happened and who did these things, names, and the like. Make mention that you reported this to your instructor and that he did not do anything about it. Keep the letter and show the police as well, because this could also be considered harassment.

Once the police get all this information from you, they will do a follow up investigation at the school. Due to the fact that you reported the incidents to your instructor and that he did not take you seriously, he may now be liable for a civil suit as well but that's not really my specialty.

I also think you should share your story any place you can review the school online to further prevent anyone else from undergoing the same mistreatment you did as well. He has no right to be an instructor if he's not going to look out for the safety and well being of his students.

Best of luck, and if you need any more info you can private message me.

That behavior is completely unacceptable.

You are completely right not to want to be exposed to such abuse. You are an awesome young woman who needs to be respected as a talented human being.

I concur wholeheartedly!! It saddens me to read this, and I'm so sorry that you're experiencing this. Hang in there!! I'm so very proud of you!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!