• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I have just passed for Nidan at our club's first summer camp!

3 days of Karate with a grading on the end, all of my students passed with flying colours and my most senior student now has a brown belt which is scary.

I was assessed during the weekend so the actual grading for me was mostly Kata and Kumite, our current Nidan also passed her Sandan so we both had plenty to prove (=lots of bruises)

We did all Heian Kata and then several others, Empi, Chinte, Tekki Nidan, Hangetsu, Jion, Jitte, Jiin and Kanku Dai, I then selected Kanku Sho as my last Kata.

Now sat with a cider and aches but feel on top of the world. I feel sorry for the couple of students we have had who stopped at Shodan thinking that was all that Karate was about.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Congratulations!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Thank you all, it feels good but for me it is more recognition rather than boasting about rank.

I feel more impressed that the students attending this weekend were all inspired after watching dan gradings so we may include a sort of demo before the next grading to set the tone.

Found today hard work with aches and being tired but just had another hours Karate... :roll: