• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Throws and Takedowns Course

Harkon72

I'm off today on a Throws and Takedowns course with Dragon Martial Arts. I don't know what to expect, but I know that the instructors are training in Japanese and Brazilian Ju Jitsu to compliment their Karate training so it could be quite interesting. Wish me luck.

Look to the far mountain and see all.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I'm off today on a Throws and Takedowns course with Dragon Martial Arts. I don't know what to expect, but I know that the instructors are training in Japanese and Brazilian Ju Jitsu to compliment their Karate training so it could be quite interesting. Wish me luck.

I hope your ukemi is up to speed.

Have fun!

K.

Usque ad mortem bibendum!

I hope your ukemi is up to speed.

Have fun!

K.

Ditto!!

:D

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Hope you had a good day, I was at a fete/fair/fun-day where we have lots of students, I got them to put on a display but we only did 15 minutes due to the heat.

I'm off to a course soon that mixes Ju Jitsu with Karate, let us know how your day went - full report please! :D

What a course! We were grouped into threes so we could rotate and observe. We did some shooting to ground and some counters, some side and stomach throws, some osoto gari, seo nage, o goshi and a devastating kote nage that was demonstrated on me! I flew through the air even though the Sensei hardly touched me. Well Done D.M.A., great job!

Look to the far mountain and see all.

Sounds like a great time!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society