• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Tattoos

Kyle-san

So, for the sake of curiosity, does anyone on the board have tattoos? If so what of and why did you get it/them? Oh, and where? Planning on getting any more?

For those that don't have any, what are your thoughts on them? Have you considered getting one? If so why/what/where?

I've got three tattoos so far and am looking at getting several more. I have a Yin-Yang on my right shoulder that was fairly badly done, the artist that did it was fired a month or so later. I had it done when I was 14 and use it as a reminder to keep myself in balance. I'll be getting this one covered up quite soon (December) with a picture drawn by a friend of mine. It's a shoulders/head shot of a girl, half her face is darkened and she's crying. I'm planning to have this symbolise the hard times in my life and how I've rebounded from them.

On my left shoulder I have a small kanji for "honour", I got this one done when I turned 18 because it's something I feel I should strive for in everything I do. I'm looking at adding to it by getting the Canadian maple leaf done around in (a way to honour myself and my home). I'd also like to have a few more kanji put on that arm, other virtues that I should strive for/feel are important.

My back has a medium sized dragon (maybe 14 inches in length and 4-6 in width). I had this one done over the summer, it is meant to represent loyalty, wisdom, strength and protection. Protection for both myself and those I feel are important to me.

I'm looking at getting an armband with a Yin-Yang inside (on?) it in order to replace the one I'm getting covered up. I suppose my main motivation for getting tattoos is to express myself and it certainly has an aesthetic component to it. So, please feel free to share your opinions.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I've had any one thing mean enough to me to brand myself with it for even just 5 years... I don't think anything could mean that much to me for 50.

1st Dan Hapkido

Colored belts in Kempo and Jujitsu

I am not really a big fan of tatoos... none here and no intent on getting any :)

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

I don't have any yet, but I want to get the word "perserevance" in Korean on my right shoulder. Just a little one. Just something to remind me that all the hardships I've been through and made it through. And I might get a "wrist band" tattoo or the Tang Soo Do simble to honor my first art.

Laurie F

It's funny cause I've been debating about getting a tattoo now for about 4 years. I've known what I wanted and everything. Well today my g/f and I go to the tattoo parlor just to LOOK and she bribes me into getting one. hehe It's on my left arm by my shoulder. It is the chinese character for the word Dragon. It symbolizes the year I was born 1976 cause that was the year of the dragon and also symbolizes the counless years I've put into my Martial Arts training. Hopefully I won't regret this. hehe

Pete :karate:

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

• 2 weeks later...
I love tattoos, they can say so much, I plan to get my whole back done when I get the cash$$$ I only have one so far but once I got it I couldn’t wait to get another.

- Only by contrast can we see.

- Each for his own.

I love tattoos, they can say so much, I plan to get my whole back done when I get the cash$$$ I only have one so far but once I got it I couldn’t wait to get another.

I've gotta say, getting a tattoo on the back is the most painful thing I've ever had happen to me. When it goes over the spine... oooh.