• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi Everyone

Hi there,

Just signed up here, as am looking to dedicate myself more to the art of Karate. I'm a Shotokan karateka, training under an awe-inspiring (in my opinion) 5th Dan sensei in the suburbs of Manchester, England!

I have been training since October 2010 (minus a small 3 month absence due to mitigating circumstances), however tried it at an early age for a while (am currently early twenties), and my father is a 3rd Dan in the same style, so his influence has certainly had an effect on me! I train thrice weekly, and am a 1st Kyu training for my 1st Dan.

The parts of karate I currently wish to work on and improve are my breathing, which is very detrimental to my stamina and my performance, and my kimae, which is a very difficult technique to understand. But slowly, I will get there.

I've trained exclusively shotokan, and will be doing for the foreseeable future, but definitely want to try out other styles and martial arts in the far future. Aikido is something that very much interests me, to name just one.

On a more personal level, I love music, photography, and spending time with my family and friends. I'm very chilled, rarely getting angry. Easy going fella at heart :-)

To end with... I hope I can learn a lot from these forums. Sorry for the rambling introduction...

Hi!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome to the forum! We have members from a wide variety of disciplines, so this is a great place for discussing all sorts of things. Feel free to jump into the subforums and solicit advice with regards to your breathing and kime, and throw in your input wherever you feel comfortable!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Welcome to the forum! We have members from a wide variety of disciplines, so this is a great place for discussing all sorts of things. Feel free to jump into the subforums and solicit advice with regards to your breathing and kime, and throw in your input wherever you feel comfortable!

Hi, and thanks for the warm welcome - I will do just as you advised! Before I create redundant posts, though, is the search function on this forum any good, so I can find previous posts relating to the same topics that may help first? I know they can be a bit dodgy on some forum software!

Hello and Welcome, I'm over the border in North Wales, osu!

Hello and thank you! I spend quite a lot of time in North Wales as my girlfriend attends Bangor university, so every few weekends are spent up there! Gotta love that A55 drive rush hour on Friday Evenings ;-)