• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

BLACK BELT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, I have just done the exam for the 1 dan, and now I have to buy a black belt. What are the differences between a silk belt, a cotton belt, and a cotton belt?

I'd want to buy a cheap belt for training, and a good and beautiful belt for competition.

Than, waht is the most beautiful type of belt? Why?

And wich brand do you prefer?

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :D

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Hi, I have just done the exam for the 1 dan, and now I have to buy a black belt. What are the differences between a silk belt, a cotton belt, and a cotton belt?

I'd want to buy a cheap belt for training, and a good and beautiful belt for competition.

Than, waht is the most beautiful type of belt? Why?

And wich brand do you prefer?

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :D

First, congratulations on your First Dan. Why isn't your instructor buying your belt for you?

The main difference between satin & cotton belts is how long they last. Satin are shiny, but they don't last very long with regular use. Cotton are much more durable. I prefer a belt that is going to last because I intend to wear it for a long time. I like EosinPanther.com They're not cheap, by any means, but the quality is fantastic. I asked a similar question to your's on this board in 2005 & several folks pointed me there. I've bought several belts from them & the quality is top-notch!

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

Thank you!!! I took my decision: I'll buy this belt: http://www.kuroobiya.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_10&products_id=42

It seems good, and with about 80 euros (I live in Italy, so the price might change for you) is mine, whit my name and the karate do ideogram written.

What do you think, is it a good choice???

Congratulations! A High Quality Cotton Belt is better than any other material. It lasts longer and the knot holds more securely.

Look to the far mountain and see all.

Congrats on your promotion!!

There are so many types of belts on the market, I just can't steer you towards any particular. Over the many years, I suppose that I've seen my share of them, and it boils downs to personal preference. Silk...satin...cotton...and so on and so forth.

Some belts are affordable and some a not; the value isn't the belt around your waist, the value is in your heart.

I'd say this though, look for one that's in high quality because you want it to last for some time.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I've been banging around in the same Century belt my instructor presented me with more than 15 years back. It's holding up great. It isn't fancy, but it's sold, still looks good and most of the thread/stitching is still with it.

I did look at the KI International belts, they do in house custom embroidery and aren't a fortune.

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

For your beautiful belt, I'd recommend Kataaro. You can get anything you can imagine from them. Litterally anything. Our instructor signs all of our belts. I sent them an image of the signature, they digitized it and embroidered it on the belt for me.

PM me if you want their website.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."