• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Jitsu training as complimentary training to Karate.

Hi

I would like to know everyones thoughts on starting up Jitsu training as a complimentary system for Shotokan.

I feel that I want to try a different system and feel that Jitsu could be just the thing that could compliment my shotokan, what are the thoughts on this?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be a great way to get comfortable with ground fighting, which is likely lacking in your Karate training. Learning how to improve position so that you can get up and use your striking skills is valuable information. I think it would be a great idea for you.

It's a great style. And one that is so different from what you're doing now that it will fill in voids you have now. I took it up to fill in those holes in my stand up arts. Now I spend a majority of my martial time doing BJJ.

Give it a go and see if it fits your personality and that you fit well in a nearby school. You won't regret checking into it.

Imagine a Golfer, for just a moment.

When they first take up the game, they might have only very few clubs. Then as they progress in the game, they'll begin to add one club at a time. Before they know it, they've now acquired a full set of clubs, and in that, they can now attack any possible situation on the course now. However, whenever a golfer finds something in the pro-shop that might give them that needed edge, they'll buy it and add it to their golf-bag.

However, all of the golf clubs in the world won't guarantee victory alone because one will need knowledge and the like to propel them above their opponents, and in that, they must know how to use said clubs to their advantage.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I think Karate and Ju Jitsu compliment each other perfectly. A stand up and ground based style is good for a well rounded martial arts career. It is better to practice two styles that contrast than become confused by trying to perfect two similar styles.

Look to the far mountain and see all.

Damn Harkon stole my exact thoughts

I think Karate and Ju Jitsu compliment each other perfectly. A stand up and ground based style is good for a well rounded martial arts career. It is better to practice two styles that contrast than become confused by trying to perfect two similar styles.

Nothing Worth Having Is Easily Obtained - ESPECIALLY RANK

Adding ground training to your stand up is only going to make you more well rounded. There's a high possibility of a confrontation going to the ground. And it's better to be prepared and not need it than to end up in that situation and be wishing you knew what to do.

JJ is different enough you won't have to worry about confusing what your doing at either school. It covers a hole in what you know, one of the greatest weaknesses that your stand up has. And lastly, but certainly not least, it's great fun! Go for it if you have the chance.

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine