• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Geoff Thompson

muttley

I just wanted to share with you guys my experience of Geoff Thompson and what a fantastic bloke he is.

I have been in contact with Geoff via email over the past few months due to some issues I had been trying to get my head around in my working life. Geoff has been an inspiration to me during what has been a truly difficult time for me.

After having listened to Geoff's advice and his podcasts, I have tried my best to lead a "selflessly serving" life. This has been brought more to the forefront after a colleague of mine had an accident while out on a bike ride (training for London-Brighton bike ride). My colleague came off of her bike on a bend and landed on her back, in her rucksack was her water bottle which smashed her spine leaving her paralysed from the chest down. We are now in the process of raising funds for her at work and are having a rugby match against a team of vets (most of us have never played rugby).

Anyway, I emailed a load of companies and clubs and have received such a range of "prizes" for our auction and raffle that is going to be held on the night of the match. This generosity really restored my faith in human kindness and seriously highlighted the "selflessly serving" model. I emailed Geoff to tell him this and how it is due to my experience through the rugby match and through my discussions with himself that has now got me thinking more positively and enjoying life more.

Totally out of the blue, Geoff has sent me a set of his books (all autographed) for the raffle as well as some books for the library where I work (or for me to hand out to the young people I work with in order to help them realise their potential and change their life!)

This has totally taken me back and now Geoff has even volunteered to come and do a key note speech to the young people I look after.

He is a totally amazing man and I thank him for being there when I needed him.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Patrick, yes it is that Geoff Thompson. Found it strange to find another Geoff Thompson who is also a martial artist and motivational speaker, must be something in the name.

Thanks for the confirmation, muttley.

It all depends, Kusotare. If you are in demand, you price what the market will accept. You could have 500 people give you $50 or you could have 5 people give you $5,000 and offer them a totally different experience. Not for everyone, obviously, but muttley's post demonstrates that he also helps people for nothing, too.

Thanks,

Patrick

Thanks for the confirmation, muttley.

It all depends, Kusotare. If you are in demand, you price what the market will accept. You could have 500 people give you $50 or you could have 5 people give you $5,000 and offer them a totally different experience. Not for everyone, obviously, but muttley's post demonstrates that he also helps people for nothing, too.

Thanks,

Patrick

Whatever the market will bear...I wholeheartedly agree!! Managing the brand properly also helps keeping one busy/in demand.

It's like public speakers. They'll have pretty low prices for their speaking fees when they're just starting out, unless they're already very famous. Then as they start establishing themselves, their speaking fees will slowly start rising, and behold, they're in the bank.

Get positive feedback and manage the brand, imho, vital keys.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!