• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

4th Kyu Grading.

I have my first 4th Kyu grading next week. We have two 4th Kyu gradings, one belt with a stripe, one without. You must learn both Pinan Yondan and Godan for example and show distinct improvement between the two gradings. The Kihon combinations are made more complex and the sparring is done for two bouts with a higher grade, not one. So I'm going for my Purple striped belt next friday after a tough week this week and a mental preparation for this week ahead. Training was good tonight; Ushiro Geri, 8 combinations, and I can see my Kata in my sleep! I have now to relax and let it happen.

Look to the far mountain and see all.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Good luck on your test!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

I passed!! My Kihon was good, my Kata was good too. My Elbow strikes were better than average, my kicks were just ok. My Ippon Kumite got better and better. My Free sparring was good, I put in some crisp combinations - was left with a black eye which I shall wear with pride. A good pass for 4th Kyu and I really enjoyed it!! :) :) :) :) :)

Look to the far mountain and see all.

Well done--congratulations!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society