• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi there!

Hi everyone,

Nice forum, after reading so much it is time to introduce myself properly: Name is Hendrik, I have been practicing Goju Ryu Karate (Yuishinkan Lineage via Fritz Noepel, Head of Goju Ryu Germany, via Tomaharu Kisaki, Osaka) continuously since 1989, first in Germany (san Dan), then in the Middle East where I live and work.

Besides Goju Ryu, I have been practicing Uechi Ryu (Brown belt), Shotokan (second Dan) and Kobudo (first Dan), among others (BJJ, Aikido, Kendo, Judo, Kickboxing, Ving Tsun, etc.. but nothing more than a year besides my regular Karate training). Problem is I'm not very talented so that I have to practice a lot :). My favorite thing in Karate is practical Bunkai, which is also what I focus on in my small Dojo in Bahrain.

Apart from that, I try to visit Dojos wherever I travel, and was lucky to meet many nice Karate-people from various styles/lineages/schools.

So, I hope to read more interesting posts and contribute one or two useful things, hopefully!

------------

Goju Ryu (Yushinkan since 1989), Shotokan (JKA since 2005)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello and Welcome. I look forward to reading your posts, Goju Ryu and Shotokan are both great styles, your contributions will be highly valued.

Look to the far mountain and see all.

Welcome to the forum! You have quite an interesting mixture of styles--I can't say that I've seen too many people that experience both major Naha-te styles AND Shotokan. I'm looking forward to getting your input here on the forum, and as a bunkai fan, myself, I hope we get to have some good discussions on kata application. Goju-Ryu and Uechi-Ryu applications always interest me, since they are often so different from the way we do things.

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society