• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello!

kindj

Good day to all!

After a 20+ year break, I am back in the martial arts, this time with my youngest son by my side. The family that kicks together sticks together, right?

Anyhow, my previous training was in American Kenpo, which I enjoyed a great deal. Time, distance, and circumstances were what got in the way. Now I have found myself in a school whose primary art is Tang Soo Do, which I have fallen in love with. I have a great respect for how they hold as closely as possible to the traditional aspects of it. In addition, they also integrate some American Kenpo and Hapkido into the learning, for some "right to the point" self-defense.

Glad to be back, and hope my flexibility returns at some point. Right now it seems the heavy bag is more flexible than I am.

Happy to be here!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Good day to all!

After a 20+ year break, I am back in the martial arts, this time with my youngest son by my side. The family that kicks together sticks together, right?

Anyhow, my previous training was in American Kenpo, which I enjoyed a great deal. Time, distance, and circumstances were what got in the way. Now I have found myself in a school whose primary art is Tang Soo Do, which I have fallen in love with. I have a great respect for how they hold as closely as possible to the traditional aspects of it. In addition, they also integrate some American Kenpo and Hapkido into the learning, for some "right to the point" self-defense.

Glad to be back, and hope my flexibility returns at some point. Right now it seems the heavy bag is more flexible than I am.

Happy to be here!

Welcome to the forum, and welcome back to martial arts!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

I've had several breaks from martial arts too, I was a white belt for the third time two years ago. I hope you enjoy the forum, you are very welcome.

Look to the far mountain and see all.