• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wado-Ryu v Aikido?

Which one do YOU want to train in right this moment? I believe that that's pretty important in selecting one or the other. Wado is solid but so is Aikido; you'll have a solid base in both.

Now the question is...which one do you think you'll pick? I don't think you'll go wrong with either.

Hang in there...everything will be alright!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
With the Wado, you'll get a solid karate system that tends to be very rooted in tradition.

With Aikido, you'll get an energy management system that deals heavily with circular movements and joint manipulation. It is also heavily rooted in tradition.

You have to look at which interests you the most. As with all things, go and check them out and see which groups fits into what you want the best. Then go from scheduling ease.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Good advise. Check into both, and see which you like better.

Corin is a good bloke.

As I say, I trained in the same group as him for some years.

His Wado is solid as is that of the guys that train with him (Monty being one of them).

Wado Karate is pretty much un-regulated here in the UK, but I can promise that Corin is one of the good guys.

K.

Usque ad mortem bibendum!

I wish i had recommendations like that when i was looking. Instead I had to do alot of googling. A good recommendation can really make a difference

Corin is a good bloke.

As I say, I trained in the same group as him for some years.

His Wado is solid as is that of the guys that train with him (Monty being one of them).

Wado Karate is pretty much un-regulated here in the UK, but I can promise that Corin is one of the good guys.

K.

Nothing Worth Having Is Easily Obtained - ESPECIALLY RANK

I've studied both and both have their merits! I studied Wado first and am glad that I did. I looked at Aikido when I felt I had a firm understanding in MA as well as learning Aikido basics while training as a police officer! Wado and Aikido are poles apart and when studying them they complement each other only very indirectly!

I think it largely depends on your age as well! Karate has an extremely diverse age and ability range! Aikido (well, the two clubs I have attended anyway!) seems to be dominated by 60 + year olds who have trained for decades! There is nothing wrong with either demographic but still important to consider imo!