• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Story behind usernames

Most username in these forums are martial art inspired including myself.

So out of curiosty I would like to know what made you choose your username?

My story behind "Himokiri karate" is about an anime character name shinogi kousho who is an opponent of baki hanma from baki the grappler.He has mastered an unknown style.

His master tells him " It begins with the knoweldge that the severity of the impact is amplified by the smaller area"

So his master has him do forearm,wrist and finger excercises obbessivly until he grows up and develops fingers,wrist and forearm that can pierce and penerate through any solid object.

The reason I picked it is because my hand was brittle from boxing and this anime sparked my interest to do various forearm,wrist and finger excercises which helped me recover and develop strong forearm,wrist.

Hopefuly you guys enjoyed it and feel free to share your story.

It begins with the knowledge that the severity of a strikes impact is amplified by a smaller surface area.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My name is not martial arts related, unlike most people here. I am a fan of the post-apocalyptic genre of books, films, and video games, which is one influence. I also live in Phoenix, which I consider to be in the middle of a wasteland (the Sonoran desert) compared to where I'm originally from. In addition, I do custom leatherwork to make a little extra income every now and then, and I'm known for my heavily distressed apocalyptic style, so I brand my work as "Wasteland Leatherwork."

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Harkon is a Dark Elf Assassin from the Bloodbowl series of table top games produced by Games Workshop here in the UK. He was a fiendish little guy and I had the model a few years ago. Totally Random really.

Look to the far mountain and see all.

'harlan', with a lower case 'h' was my high school nom de plume, and a nod to my favorite author - Harlan Ellison.

Leaves fall.

Mine comes from the villain of Kung Pow: Enter the Fist. I've always loved a good villain, I was a smart mark by the age of 10 and was a fan of heels. Master Pain (Evil Betty) is a great bad guy and has amazing Iron Shirt skill. If you look back in my lineage there's a bit of Jukokai, so it makes sense.

And beware the song about big butts.. He beats you up while he plays it.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma