• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sparring With Sensei.

Harkon72

I've struggled with this topic, btw...it's a great topic.

Before his stroke, which lead him to have a second stroke, which he passed away from...

We use to spar EVERYDAY!! The higher the rank I earned, the more intense was the sessions.

Sorry, I can't say much more right now because I MISS HIM SO MUCH!!

Cherish each and every time you can spar with your Sensei/Instructor/Etc because there will come a time when you won't be able to.

:cry:

I'm sorry for your loss. A good Sensei is as much a part of your family as your immediate family, in many cases a father. I know you're doing right by him just by continuing on.

"Karate is about digging deeper, not climbing higher."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sensei, yes we can take our teachers for granted; we some how expect them to always be there. My original Sensei died a couple of years ago; he had heart trouble after taking many shots to the Heart in Kumite. I believe to this day that his gift to me as a teenager set me up for a life as a Martial Artist. He would be proud and pleased to see me today training the way I do with Sensei Williams. Keep your Sensei's voice in your head with his footsteps just behind you. I'm sorry for your loss, the root of your art will grow in future generations, Osu.

Look to the far mountain and see all.

I've struggled with this topic, btw...it's a great topic.

Before his stroke, which lead him to have a second stroke, which he passed away from...

We use to spar EVERYDAY!! The higher the rank I earned, the more intense was the sessions.

Sorry, I can't say much more right now because I MISS HIM SO MUCH!!

Cherish each and every time you can spar with your Sensei/Instructor/Etc because there will come a time when you won't be able to.

:cry:

I'm sorry for your loss. A good Sensei is as much a part of your family as your immediate family, in many cases a father. I know you're doing right by him just by continuing on.

Thank you for your very kind words...and sometimes...it's almost too much to even continue.

But I do...somehow, and someway!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I don't tend to spar with my students.

I don't really have to.

I teach them the stratagems of fighting and they fight amoungst themselves.

My seniors teach the juniors under my direction.

K.

Usque ad mortem bibendum!

I hated sparing with my instructor.

Always felt that he had an unfair scouting report on me.

:rofl: :rofl:

I can relate with that!! Great point!!

:wink:

**Proof is on the floor!!!