• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Travelling to dojo (how much time)?

Epyon

When I was a kid, it was 40 minutes and 2 buses. Learned to drive, down to 20 minutes. Married and moved to first house, 15 minutes. Several moves later, I've got it down to a 5 minute drive or 15 minute walk.

If you believe in an ideal. You don't own it ; it owns you.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm just really wondering if I should travel 1.5 hour each way or not. I'm going to do it on tuesday, to train with them an see how the travelling goes.

I'm just really wondering if I should travel 1.5 hour each way or not. I'm going to do it on tuesday, to train with them an see how the travelling goes.

It might be worth it once a week if it's something you really want to do. Like you said-- see how it goes. Just don't sign a contract right away.

At my current shotokan school we train only once a week and this kyokyshin school trains two times a week, on tuesday and on thursday. Yes, I just need to see how it goes. It's such a bummer that there ain't no kyokushin school nearby.

I'm one of the lucky ones that lives exactly 1/2 a mile away from the Dojo.

Perfect for pre-warmup to get the muscles working.

You'd have to be very comitted to travel that sort of distance Epyon, it involves aditional costs as well as time which need to be factored in. Big respect to anyone that puts in that amount of commitment. :karate:

Wado

The gym I train BJJ at is just over an hour drive from my house about 75 miles away, my dojo is about 12 miles from my house or 3 minutes from work depending where I'm coming from. Not bad in my opinion.

It's kinda up to you if you think it's worth it and how much of your day you can give over to sitting in a car.

FWIW I travel 30 mins to training from home (45 mins from work). But then once a fortnight I travel 2 hrs in each direction to train with another group of people.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius