• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

pressure points

The only thing about pressure points are that you need to have proper training in them, not just going around sticking your thumbs in people's jaws. CDT training is where you'll find all of that stuff.

As ZR440 said, they're difficult to hit exactly without years of training. Plus, for some people they just don't work. Some people have extreme pain resistance and simply won't submit. Likewise, some people are more sensitive and you could damage nerves if you go too hard. The whole point of CDT is that it doesn't leave lasting damage or marks, but like everything else, it must be done in moderation.

Therefore, if you're looking for quick self-defense, I suggest going for more common techniques such as blocking and regular strikes that are easier to learn, easier to execute, and easy to control the amount of force. If you still want those pressure points, look into some CDT training, although I hear it's pretty pricey.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Personally, I'm a fan of pressure points as an afterthought. Use physical techniques that work on their own; if you also happen to trigger off points, it's gravy.

Although as I initially mentioned, not all "pressure points" are pressure points. I prefer to hit targets than blindly; and there are many good targets around joints and nerve trunks that work physicaly, not on pain compliance or energetic activity... Which was what I originally ment to point out :)