• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

pressure points

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Once took a kick to the outside of the thigh about 5 inches above the kneecap and went down like a sack of potatoes. It felt like a pressure point had been hit (rather than me just being weedy!). Tried it again to see and sure enough same result. Anyone know if this is a proper p.p cos if so it's real easy to hit.

These are not all "pressure points" in the truest sense of the word. The spot above and outside of your knee, for instance, is where a nerve trunk (L3?) comes above a bone near the surface. An impact shocks the nerve and makes it "screwy". This is the same effect as yout "funny bone".

Under the chin does trigger a pressure point, one below the ears. People particularly prone to this working are said to have a "glass jaw". The back of the head is similar (with a greater chance of permenant injury/death).

There are tons of good locations, but if you want to garentee a down opponent, I believe you will need to go for the structural support. The most obvious "quick targets" are the knee and ankle joints. Hyperextend the joint and run.

And to expand on that, if you don't train enough to know where these points are on the many different sizes of people they wont work very well. My instructor (pusabanim) hits them perfect every time. I hit them only about 50% of the time after training 3 years. Therefore, I don't rely on it.

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

These are not all "pressure points" in the truest sense of the word. The spot above and outside of your knee, for instance, is where a nerve trunk (L3?)

lung 3 is in your arms just after your elbow on the byclep side. very useful if you need someone to bend there arm.

lung 3 is in your arms just after your elbow on the byclep side. very useful if you need someone to bend there arm.
Actually, I was referring to the L3 nerve (I believe it stands for "leg 3"), which is the one the doctors have told me is being pinched in my lower lumbar. I was not referring to the "lung 3" meridian.