• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

combat pistol and rifle

First off, yes i consider proficiency with a firearm to be just as much a martial art as throwing a good jab.

For the firearms enthusiasts on KF. what is your loadout.

Right now im running a Rock River AR-15 A4 with my Sig Sauer 1911 and Glock 22 Gen 4.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

As we have strict gun laws here in the UK, the only fire arms I have handled were at game bird shoots and country fairs. I have shot a Boss side by side hammered shotgun, several under and over modern shot guns and once an 18th century blunderbuss that almost put me in the next field! I shot some vermin with an AR14 once too, but that's it.

Look to the far mountain and see all.

As we have strict gun laws here in the UK, the only fire arms I have handled were at game bird shoots and country fairs. I have shot a Boss side by side hammered shotgun, several under and over modern shot guns and once an 18th century blunderbuss that almost put me in the next field! I shot some vermin with an AR14 once too, but that's it.

Likewise. I am very unlikely to have the chance to shoot someone in self-defense. However I have a semi-auto shotgun which I used to shoot clays with as a kid but haven't picked it up properly in about 5 years.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

I carried an 870 for a long time. I stay current on my qual, have it in my car, but really I haven't deployed it over the rifle at any time I can remember.

Still, when it comes to shotguns I really do like it more than any other one I've shot. There's something about a weapons system where the answer to a malfunction is rack it harder is a cool thing.

The 870 really is the AK-47 of the shotgun world.

Also, my off duty concealed choice is usually my glock 23 or my S&W model 37

I carried an 870 for a long time. I stay current on my qual, have it in my car, but really I haven't deployed it over the rifle at any time I can remember.

The intimidation value alone is worth it sometimes. It all depends on the situation, but we typically have a lot of rifles so I'll occasionally grab the shotgun.

How did I miss this thread?

Not too tactical, but I do my reload drills, clearing jams and pistol draws. I'm a dirty civilian and I know it.

Bushmaster AR15

Springfield 1911 MilSpec

Uberti 1866 Winchester

Cimarron Arms Thunderer

Pietta 1851 Navys (the twins)

Can you tell I was a cowboy shooter?

Wish list. S&W AR15/22. Dad picked one up and it would make a great trainer for me and something my wife and girls can shoot too.

Springfield XDs .45. The 1911 is a bit hefty for a ccw purpose.

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine