• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

G.R.A.C.I.E. Combatives course...very excited!

I'm going to be attending a GRACIE Combatives course in June, from the 3rd to the 7th, for some law enforcement training hours. The course is going to be taught by Royce Gracie, which I got very excited about when I saw the opportunity! I spoke with my Sheriff, and got the training approved today! There is a chance my DT training partner with the PD might be able to get to go, as well, which would be great just to have someone I'm familiar with to work with there.

I thought this was such a great opportunity, and I am very excited about it! This will also help me get on my way in the niche I want to carve out in my LEO career, as well.

Unfortunately, I'll have to push my 4th degree testing back another two months to accommodate for the time needed for this course, but Ii don't know how soon another opportunity like this will come back around. The course is being held in state, and although its a bit of a drive away, it will be very worth while, I think.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great stuff news Bushido_man. Sucks having to push your grading back, but sounds like it will be worth it for you. Little jelious.

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

That's great to hear! I have been trying to scam my department to sending me to one of their instructor schools for years! Enjoy and let us know what you think!

ooh...ooh...ooh I want to go too! Can I? Huh? Can I? You lucky dog you!!

Congrats...soak it ALL UP and then some!! There are some that would love to tap out to Royce, just for the learning experience. The 4th Dan CAN WAIT!!

Have fun Brian!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Who has two thumbs and is jealous???

This guy!!

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Thanks a lot, everyone! I'm pretty pumped up to be going. A guy I know here has also been through the course, so I'm going to try to get with him so he can give me a bit of a heads up on what to expect.

That's great to hear! I have been trying to scam my department to sending me to one of their instructor schools for years! Enjoy and let us know what you think!

You should try to convince them, Alex! I might need a partner, after all...

Sounds like a great opportunity! Have fun!

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."