• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What did you teach today?

4/15

snap sniping front toe kick and thrust toe roundhouse (for use with steel toed shoes). Entrance to cabecada/double leg takedown. Cruz (leg catch on shoulder).

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice idea here, Justice. :)

4/15/2013

Taught TKD to my 7 year old son, Kendall. We worked on some basics, and some focus mitt work. If we were in class, it would be a lot of basics, forms, and one-steps. With him, I want to take a different approach for the time being. For basics, we did a sitting stance and straight punches from that stance, and a front stance with a down block. Then we moved on to advancing in the front stance and punching.

After the basics, we moved onto focus mitt work. I've been working jab, cross, jab/cross, jab/cross/BL round kick, and then a BL front kick/BL round kick combo. He enjoys it, and I enjoy teaching it that way, too.

Taught mixed TKD class that night, too. Basics, forms, one-steps, and did 1, 2, and 3 technique combos at the end of class.

As we have a grading on Saturday then tonight was just fine tuning any weak areas, I got a green belt to relax and build up speed, a red belt to get a better stance, amongst others, all the time while trying to keep some junior white belts on the go. New move of the week was double punch.

Easy to stick to the syllabus but reactive to build up any lacking areas.

4/17/2013

Worked with a hi orange belt on tweaking his form; focusing punches to the proper targets, getting the reaction hand pulled all the way back to the ribs, and stretching out the front stances a little bit more. Also worked on his one-steps, hitting the right targets and such.

04/18/2013....

Ran 5 classes, mostly 5th kyu students, and then I was conducting my daily duties as Kaicho late into the night.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Today...

One of my favorites...

TUITE for all ranks.

:)

I enjoyed our time with this, Bob. Could you elaborate a bit more as to what you focused on?