Malex13

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I started grappling I bough a heavy judogi and it was a wrong decision. It was too big and unconformable and warm too.

Next gi was semi-heavy and smaller. This one is much more comfortable!!!

If you can, feel some gi's out. Some are soft to wear and fit nice. It gives a good feel to practice in them.

Link looks good:-) Don't know the brand. It's not so popular here in Finland.

In the summer I probably won't wear it that often, as our dress code is you have to wear all black but it's not strictly enforced. I will have to post a few pictures of the GI when it comes in. It shouldbye here on thursday.

Xo-karate, do you know how much your heavy judo gi weighs?

The gi I ordered is 450 grams. I think that's per meter. I'm not to worried about the weight but more the heat. I was going to buy a lightweight for summer and use the heavyweight for winter.

I have a gi that's a medium to heavy, 12oz. I feel good in it, it is of an Okinawan Cut, so short sleeves and legs. The only problem with it is that the cord on the pants is a little easy to come undone. I have to watch that half way through a Kata.

Look to the far mountain and see all.

As an aside, welcome and feel free to talk about your training. There are arts in your mix that most people don't know much about, and it's always good to hear new things. Even if you think 'I'm just starting what can I say?' if nothing else it is something the teachers can think about when they are trying to figure how to teach better.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

Thank guys you all have been a great help :) when my GI comes in, which will be in a few hours, I'll post a new topic with pics of howit feels and fits. And what you people think, if it's a keep or no go :D